Job Posting: Thistle Community Housing Job Posting Maintenance Technician II
Thistle is a mission-based, affordable housing Real Estate company in Boulder, CO. Boulder faces a critical shortage of affordable housing and Thistle is in a unique position to create and preserve the quality and quantity of housing for working families and economically disadvantaged people.
We’re a business-oriented, private non-profit and earn most our operating income from the ownership and management of 17+ apartment complexes. We’ve been in business for nearly 35 years and enjoy strong community support. To learn more about Thistle, visit: www.thistle.us
How Thistle Operates
We work in a well-established collaborative environment of about 40 people where you’ll have significant responsibility and the opportunity to engage with professional resources to amplify your experience. Work is accomplished independently and within your property(s) specific team; you will be accountable for goals and performance of your team that support the overall direction of the company. We are dedicated to making the work experience meaningful and productive.
Schedule: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Days to work under 4-Day Work Week Policy to be determined with Supervisor.
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing physical components within and structures of buildings at assigned properties by performing the following duties.
- Maintains essential functions of apartment communities, including plumbing, HVAC, electrical, appliances and safety systems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Interacts with residents using clear, professional and effective communication, problem solving, and customer relations skills.
- Completes unit turns on time and to Thistle quality standards.
- Completes work orders on time and to Thistle’s quality standards.
- Maintains accurate record keeping related to physical and operational aspects of apartment communities.
- Participates in the Thistle emergency maintenance program, which includes being on call after hours to respond to assigned properties in a timely and professional manner.
Supervisor: Community Manager
Direct Reports: None.
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and repair functions related to apartment residence and common areas within a multifamily housing community
- One-year experience in property maintenance, preferably with apartment communities
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a reliable vehicle and are willing and able to drive to the Gunbarrel neighborhood of Boulder every workday and to drive between properties as needed
- Candidates must be able to meet a 30 minute response time for on call and/or emergencies.
Additional Preferred Requirements:
Certifications in related field of maintenance (CAMT, CBO, CMRT)
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more than 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The Job: Hourly, full-time (work weeks average 36 hours on average, however this may vary depending on responsibilities). Benefits include medical insurance, vacation, sick leave, 401k with employer match & more.
$24/hour to start
Apply NOW to join our team!
Submit your résumé with a cover letter explaining why you’re the right person for this position. firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified candidates will be contacted soon for an interview.