BARHA March Luncheon: Security Deposits & Subleasing – What you need to know
Date(s) - 03/14/19
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
Categories No Categories
BARHA March 2019 Luncheon – Register Here
Subleasing and Security Deposits: What you need to know
Presented by Cindy Manzano, attorney – Frascona, Joiner, Goodman & Greenstein, PC
- Have questions about returning your tenants’ security deposits?
- When can you hold part of the deposit? What reasons are acceptable and how do you calculate an acceptable value for things like carpet, paint, etc?
- How does your lease affect the deposit return?
- Know how to protect yourself when subleasing
- Sublease or Lease assignment – the debate
- Lease terms, sublease terms and deposit distribution.
Deposit returns are complicated and state and local laws favor tenants. Subleasing or lease assignment also requires expertise to navigate the laws and statutes. Come learn about damage deposits and subleasing and how to protect your investment. Be a more successful landlord by learning the ins and outs of these complicated subjects!
Scott Home Inspection
High Quality Home Inspections From A Trusted Colorado Company
- Pre-Purchase Home Inspections
- Pre-Listing Home Inspections
- New Construction Inspections
- 1-year Warranty Inspections
An independent review of a home to identify health, safety and maintenance concerns.